Monday 16 May 2016

[Haul] #1: Big Bad Wolf Books


Hi guys! So, this is my first haul post ever. Yayyy! To be honest, I enjoy reading haul post by people, especially if they put complete informations about items they bought. It makes the post informative and it means so much to me (so I don't have to browse over Google again to know more about the item). So, I decided to start making my own haul posts. My first haul post would be a book haul, since I bought some books from The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Jakarta 2016 (read about it here if you're Indonesian). Here you go! 


The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
IDR 200,000 from BBW 2016
People says that if you're a fan of Hunger Games, then you'll love Maze Runner as well. Actually, I tried reading first book of Hunger Games and stopped in the middle (but still considering to continue or read it all over again tho). Simply said, I'm not a fan of Hunger Games (yet, probably). But they sell this Maze Runner series for a very cheap price, seriously (for imported book series like this, believe me, 200K is very, very, very cheap)!! I can't help but to put it in my shopping cart. To be honest, I wanted the Hunger Games set too but I already have the translated version :( by the way I haven't open the plastic seal yet (soalnya sayang haha). I hope this series will be good because so far, the only series I've ever be a fan of is only Harry Potter series (exclude local series) xD


The Collector by Nora Roberts 
IDR 60,000 from BBW 2016
I'm not a fan of Nora Roberts, but I find the synopsis interesting so I think I'll give it a try. To my knowledge, she has two pen names; Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb. Nora Roberts is her pen name for romance stories, and J.D. Robb is for mystery/detective stories. I know it from my boyfie because he's a fan of J.D. Robb. Despite that, I've read the book until chapter four and the story has a pretty quick plot (in my opinion, ofc) but still great. Instead, the quick plot makes me curious about the continuation. By the way, it's still belong to mystery genre, although I see it has romance parts in it. I'll definitely make a review of it as soon as I finish the book! 


Kamus Sinonim Bahasa Inggris by Tim B First
IDR 10,000 from BBW 2016
Randomly found this little dictionary and well, probably the only reason I bought it because it's only 10K (cuma ceban cuy) xD


Classic Stories by Miles Kelly
IDR 105,000 from BBW 2016
Also something bought randomly. It's so heavy although it's not a hard-cover book. The "made-up reason" for this book is (based on my mom) for my little sister to learn English lol. But I think it's pretty good tho to fill spare time when you got nothing to do. It's full color and the paper used is high quality. Perfect for children. And as written on the cover, it's an enchanting collection to share! 


GraphisBrandingUSA4 by Graphis, Inc.
IDR 200,000 from BBW 2016
As a person who has passion in design, I must say that this book is gold. It contains a lot of design samples that would help a lot when you're running out of inspiration. And yes, it contains mostly product branding designs. Really good! I would rate this book 5 stars out of 5. I think this book will be useful for me in college. There are also other series titled as DesigningUSA, but I think it's too extravagant to buy more because it's my parents who pay. 

On the day I went to BBW 2016, I also went to nearby mall after. It's Summarecon Mal Serpong (as most people should already know about this place) and I also buy somethings there after begging my parents to check the store out first before going home lol. 


Baroque Glass Bottle (Banana Style)
IDR 39,000 from Yayang Store
I liked this cute little bottle for so long! I actually want one with Starbucks logo on it but it already disappeared from the store since the last time I saw it. I think I want to use it to bring hot/cold drinks in my bag 'cause it seems safe to. Plus, it's cute! xD

Colorful Eiffel Wooden Clip by Design Pub
IDR 14,000 from Yayang Store
Always wanted to hang photos in my room this way (using kind of rope and wooden clips) like other tumblr-ish rooms lol. And I finally get my chance! I think it's pretty cheap compared to other stores but I can get it cheaper if I buy it dozens at Tokopedia, but I don't have much money for now lol. 


Okay, that's all for my first haul post, guys! I hope it's useful for you and I hope I can make this kind of haul monthly because I enjoy it a lot although I don't shop a lot. Do you make haul posts too? Share with me! Put link of your most recent haul post in the comment section below and I'll pay a visit. See you next post! xx


4 comments:

  1. Haul bukunya bikin ngilerin Christy, aku suka baca novel2 yg seri gitu karena seru nggak bikin ngantuk ;D
    dan banana glassnya gemesin banget >.<


    destywidy.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aku ngidam the maze runner series nya:( Baru punya yang maze runner sama scorch trials, yang death cure baru baca ebook nya. Pengen ngoleksi sampe full :3 Aku malah nggak begitu suka Hunger game series._. Christy tau Lexie Xu nggak? Penulis lokal. Karya dia menurutku bagus-bagus sih dan series2 gitu :3

    kaniarda.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah, baca book haul kamu, jadi bikin aku pingin beli buku juga! Apalagi kalau pas lagi ada bazaar...:)

    btw, please visit my new post and follback yaa^^
    http://saycintya.blogspot.co.id/2016/05/skincare-review-must-try-and-youll.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love maze runner movie. Tapi setelah ternyata itu filem jadi kayak zombie apocalypse gitu jadi agak kecewa :D

    Take care,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loved. I read every single of them ❤
By the way, don't hesitate to follow my blog because I'm following back! :)